"Tamale Pie" or Tex-Mex Shepard's Pie
In a casserole dish, put down a layer as thick as you like of your favorite chili or taco meat (pre-prepared/cooked). Spread on top of the meat layer a batter as follows:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Whip three eggs at medium speed while you are doing the rest
3) In a separate bowl combine 1.5 cups Wheat Belly All-Purpose Baking Mix, 1/2 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon cumin, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of cayenne (optional)
4) Add the dry mix from step two to the whipped eggs, add 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, 1/2 cup of milk, and a small 4.5 ounce can of diced green chiles. Blend well with a spatula until it is a sticky batter.
5) Pour and then spread this batter on top of your meat layer.
6) Garnish with a few thinly sliced jalapenos if you are so inclined
7) Bake for about 30-40 minutes at 350 until the center is firm or a toothpick placed in the center returns dry.
8) Let it cool for a minute or two and then serve
9) Top with a little salsa and avocado slices.